Thursday, September 17, 2015

FMBM: Sprinkles Bread Roll

I woke up on a cold morning and for the first time I wished Derek can just buy his lunch from the cafeteria today so that I could curl back to bed. Good thing there's the phenomenal Aldub video to keep me awake while making lunch. It may be "jologs" or shallow but a laugh or two first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day. 

watching from Eat Bulaga's FB page

I wasn't able to prepare anything for this week because of our extra busy schedule, I actually woke up without any idea what to put in his lunch box. All I had was ground chicken meat and green beans, which I sauteed with onions and garlic, and a tablespoon of soy sauce and oyster sauce. 


sauteed ground chicken and green beans with cherry tomatoes as side dish
Derek liked the special sprinkles sandwich I made for his birthday yesterday so I decided to make it again for his snacks today. You just need cream cheese, honey, sprinkles and whole wheat or white bread. It looks better on white bread so the color of the sprinkles will pop up but since we only have whole wheat bread, that's what I used.

1. Cut the sides of the bread and flatten the bread with a baking pin.
Mix a drop of honey with cream cheese.
2. Spread the cream cheese and honey mix on the bread and cover it with sprinkles.
3. Roll the bread and cut it in small pieces.

I didn't have time to wash and slice fruits so I just packed this Sprinkles Bread Roll with some Cheddar Goldfish Crackers which I think its salty taste will balance the sweetness of the Sprinkles Bread Roll.

You have to start cooking the ground chicken before starting on the sandwich so that by the time you're finished with the snack box, the chicken is also done and ready to be packed in the food container. I started preparing at 7:10 am and by 7:35 am, I was done with everything including preparing for his breakfast.

Good enough time for a lazy morning like this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment