Friday, September 4, 2015

Five Minute Bento Mama: Green Mung Beans Stew

This must be the quickest lunch box I've prepared in the morning. I learned that the key really is to prepare the night before, particularly while you're preparing dinner. Just one swoop and you have dinner and lunch box for tomorrow.

I woke up around 7:00 am and before the clock struck 7:05, I'm done!

Cooked Green Mung Beans Stew or Mongos in Filipino the night before which I kept in the fridge for my two boys' lunch the next day. Cooked rice before I went to bed, and when I got up the next morning, I just reheated the Mongos, mixed it with steamed rice and put it inside the insulated food jar to keep it warm until lunch time. Green Mung Beans is a good source of protein.

rice and green mung beans in the Totoro insulated food jar from Japan

Also, the night before I made his favorite Cookie Butter sandwich and sliced watermelons for his snack. Just keep it in the fridge, Peanut Butter Jelly or Cookie Butter sandwich stay fresh in a tight container or sandwich bag for at least three days.


animal food picker makes a cute and easy food decor. put sliced fruits on a cupcake
liner so its juice won't spill to the sandwich


No comments:

Post a Comment