Thursday, July 25, 2013

On a Plateau


After successfully losing 5 lbs in 3 weeks, I suddenly found my weighing scale stuck to 124.6 lbs no more, no less! It has been this way for 2-3 weeks already (i stopped updating our progress sheet because I keep forgetting so the time length is not as acurate!) and I assume this is the dreaded Weight Loss Plateau. This is the point where one normally gives up on healthy dieting because it seems a lost cause anyway. But no, it just means your body is working properly, because this is our body's survival instinct in case of famine to slow down metabolism and store fats. 

This is my favorite part because it means I have to eat more! yipee! Eat more food for one week to tell my body that there's no famine (just don't overdo it or else you'll yoyo). Plus I have read that I have to increase my protein intake to boost up the metabolism, you can either eat 2 boiled eggs first thing in the morning or like me, I drink a glass of protein shake a day before my breakfast. I don't miss my half-a-grapefruit before meals because it's a very effective and natural metabolism booster (and yummy too!).

You also have to add resistance in your workout and exercise routine. In my case I have not been able to go to the gym because my son has been absent from school for an eye allergy, so I am a full time nanny with no selfie time now but I have added more running time by chasing two active toddlers in the playground, carrying my little one to reach the monkey bars and walking around the hilly neighborhood pushing our dual stroller. I guess it's fair to say that qualifies as resistance cross fit training eh? ;p

After two weeks the weighing scale finally moved to 123.6!


3 comments:

  1. Yay! You're back to blogging again! I'm an idiot for not discovering this earlier. Expect me to be a regular here hehehe.

    You inspire me ms.ri (yes, i tend to call you that even if dalawa na anak mo hahaha), ma try nga ang sustainable diet mo.

    keep writing!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. pwd grapefruit chuhai ? hahaha ..

    Too lazy to monitor my weight now, and I should start doing it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Dee! will try to write more entries.. kay lisod kaayo mag concentrate ug sulat while naa bata gahilak or magpakarga hehehe

    Del! pwede kaayo ang chuhai kay pati liver ma apil sa pag metabolize haha. Lami siguro grapefruit dira for sure! kay you know ang standard sa mga japanese fruits.

    ReplyDelete