Friday, August 21, 2015

A 3-in-1 Today, is an Hermes Bag Tomorrow


In relation to the previous post, I remembered how we started.

Husband and I were still boyfriends and girlfriends, we were walking along Paseo in Makati.
me: "bili muna ako Starbucks"
husband: "bakit? anong occasion?"
me: "huh? wala gusto ko lang ng coffee jelly."
husband: "teka, di ba nag Starbucks ka na kanina?"
me: "yep. malayo na kasi ang CBTL."
husband: "alam mo bang P140 isa nyan? so nakaka P300 ka sa isang araw sa kape lang?"
me: "mga ganun"
husband: "alam mo bang P9,000 yan sa isang month?"
me: "mmm, oo nga noh. pero okay lang x bitaw sweldo ko!"

I literally saw his jaw dropped, I felt off for him asking me questions like that but at that time I thought he was just joking because I've never met anyone as calculating, thrifty, kuripot as he is. I never took that moment seriously until fast forward to 9 years after, once a year na lang ako nakakapag Starbucks. And one afternoon while driving he told me:

husband: "kanina bored ako sa office. gi-calculate ko yung mga coffee spending mo noon, alam mo ba if you invested it instead, may at least P800,000 ka na ngayon? pwede P1 M if you put it in a more aggressive fund."


Move on pa more. But he has a point din, I could have bought a lot in Davao or a car, (or an Hermes bag! ;p) with that money. To my fellow coffee addicts, it's something to ponder on. :)

Let's say I only drink coffee jelly during my morning and afternoon coffee breaks during my 2 years in Makati, that's 140 x 2 x 20 days x 24 months = 140,000 php. If I just saved up that amount for 10 years with a conservative 5% interest, my money could have turned 240,000 php today!




No comments:

Post a Comment